£100 - 140 per day
Temporary | Full Time
Do you want to make a difference to lives of children and young people with Social Emotional and Mental Health difficulties?
Teaching Personnel are currently working to recruit Teachers to work with children and young people with challenging behaviour ready for the new academic year.
If this role interests you – please apply NOW! Teaching Personnel are currently holding virtual, online interviews to ensure that we have staff ready and cleared for work once the schools reopen.
As a SEMH Teacher you will be required to work with children across Key stages 3 and 4, in classes between 5-8 students, accompanied by a Support Assistant. You will be working with children and young people who are not able attend mainstream education for multiple reasons, such as:
- Children in Looked After Care
- Speech and language difficulties
- Physical and mental health issues, disabilities and learning difficulties
The candidate must have:
- Some experience working with children and young people who display challenging behaviour
- Experience of de-escalation training would be advantageous
- The school would also consider candidates from youth work backgrounds, or similar roles
- QTS / QTLS or relevant experience
This role demands motivation, passion, patience and the ability to emotionally support children who are from vulnerable backgrounds and situations.
Teaching Personnel can offer Teachers:
- Competitive pay rates of £500-£700, however long term rates can be negotiated on your behalf
- Access to unique CPD opportunities to increase your qualifications and knowledge of the field such as: Autism Awareness, Safeguarding, Behaviour That Challenges and more
- An experienced Consultant along with our dedicated on call service
To be accepted for this role, you must have a Child Workforce Only DBS that is registered on the Update Service, or be happy to apply for one through ourselves.
Teaching Personnel are currently holding virtual, VIDEO interviews for candidates looking to register and interest to ensure that we can have candidates ready for work as soon as schools reopen.
For more information please get in touch today!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.