£28,000 - 43,685 per year
Temporary | Full Time
Exciting opportunity for a Resistant materials teacher in the Technology department of a secondary school in Salford.
Teaching Personnel are working closely alongside a large secondary school in Salford who are looking for a passionate DT Teacher to join their Technology department. The successful candidate must have previous experience within a similar role.
• Retrieve, clear and clean materials and equipment used by teaching staff and pupils from work areas
• Ensure that workshops and other classrooms are maintained in a well organised, clean and tidy condition, ensuring the safe storage and accessibility of equipment, tools and materials
• Ensure safe storage and / or disposal of equipment, materials and liquids, inflammables and waste materials in accordance with school procedures and legal requirements / regulations
• To assist with the preparation of materials and equipment for lessons including DT, Construction, Engineering and Art
• To assist with the ordering, checking, and recording of stock
• To keep a service record of all working machines
• To assist the teaching staff and assembling teaching materials
The school has good transport links, with it being close to the M60 motorway and A580. The school also has good public transport access from neighbouring areas such as Stretford and Swinton.
For immediate consideration please submit a CV below, or alternatively for more information contact the Manchester West Secondary Office.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role as well as the Right to Work in the UK. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We undertake safeguarding checks on all workers in accordance with DfE statutory guidance ‘Keeping Children Safe in Education’. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.