£1.3k - 1.4k per month
Permanent | Full Time
Primary SEN Teaching Assistant - Sittingbourne, Kent
Are you passionate about working with children?
Do you enjoy helping children develop and learn?
Do you have an interest or have experience working with children with Special Educational Needs?
A number of primary schools located in Sittingbourne and surrounding areas are seeking experienced Primary SEN Teaching Assistants to join them ASAP on long term and full time contracts.
• Primary SEN Teaching Assistant
• Sittingbourne Kent
• ASAP Start
• Full time contract until July 2021 (possibility for extensions into and beyond September)
• £65-£70 per day
• Excellent training available
• Must have experience working with SEN children
These lovely schools, located in Sittingbourne/Swale area are recruiting for Primary SEN Teaching Assistants who have experience or a real passion working with children with SEN. The ideal Primary SEN Teaching Assistant for these SEN Schools will have experience working with either ASD, ADHD, Asperges, SEMH or challenging behaviour.
The schools offer great training, which will keep your knowledge and skills up to date.
You will be required to work 1-2-1 with children across EYFS, KS1 and KS2. The children in these schools are eager to learn and just needs additional support to keep focused and engaged with learning. You will be required to plan activities to keep the children motivated and encourage successful learning outcomes. You will also have access to great facilities and resources!
The ideal Primary SEN Teaching Assistant:
• Be child centred - dedicated, engaging and inspiring;
• Experience working with pupils with SEN needs e.g ASD, ADHD, SEMH, EBD.
• Have experience working with children.
• Able to support the class teacher with differentiation; able to support the planning and delivery of learning opportunities tailored to the unique needs of each child;
• Work with the team to assess individual learning needs and work on a group and class basis;
• Maintain positive behaviour management in line with school policies and strategies; through engaging and successfully challenging pupils.
• Assess and record pupils' progress and consistently to check work is understood and completed, monitor strengths and weaknesses, inform planning and recognise the level at which the pupil is achieving;
• Be committed to ensuring pupils make good sustained progress and inspire pupils to reach their full potential through engaging and stimulating teaching.
If you feel this is the right role for you then please apply today!
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.