£30k - 50k per year
Permanent | Full Time
Post Title: Maths Teacher in Redbridge
Salary: Depending on experience.
Full/part time: Full-time, Part-time, Permanent, Temporary
Hours: At school's discretion
Purpose of the role: Delivery of maths learning programs and assistance to students.
• Prepare, teach and assess Maths courses
• Provide support to students
• Lead on exams and assessments
• Teaches groups including associated preparation and marking.
• Arranges, monitors and supervises learners on study programmes, educational visits and field trips.
• Designs and prepares innovative and creative learning materials to embed Maths in vocational areas.
• Assesses students, including formative and summative assessments, internal verification and supervision of assessments and exams.
• Maintains and provides records and statistical checks in relation to own teaching, including enrolment checks, attendance records and the like.
• Participates in activities to publicise courses.
• Assists in planning and developing courses and course materials.
• Participates as a member of one or more course teams in employer liaison (as appropriate), maintaining standards and targets, reviewing and evaluating course provision and joint action planning.
• Provides advice and guidance to prospective students together with interviewing.
• Participates in student enrolment and induction, diagnostics and initial assessments.
• To plan, manage and ensure the effective deployment of the resource requirements for the services that are the responsibility of the role.
• Promotes and implements all schools' policies, particularly those which refer to health and safety, equality of opportunity, maintaining standards of student behaviour and safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults. Participates in schools' programmes of staff appraisal and continuing professional development.
• Develop effective working relationships internally and with external partners.
• To always operate in line with the schools' values and behaviours.
• To work towards the behaviours excellency.
This job description is designed to outline a range of main duties that may be encountered. It is not designed to be an exhaustive listing of tasks and can be varied in consultation with the post holder to reflect changes in the job or the organisation.
Qualifications/Competencies Degree or equivalent and qualified teacher status (NQTs welcome to apply)
Relevant Experience Evidence of the ability to deliver consistently good or better teaching, learning and assessment and a proven track record in planning and delivering an excellent learning experience
Experience of teaching with the 16-19 age group
Knowledge A well-developed understanding of the needs of the 16- 19 age group both in full-time education and employment and of the professional challenges by inner city students many of whom come from deprived backgrounds
An understanding of and commitment to safeguarding young people and vulnerable adults.
• motivation to work with children/young people/vulnerable adults
• ability to form and maintain appropriate relationships and personal boundaries with children and young people/vulnerable adults
• emotional resilience in working with challenging behaviours
• attitudes to use of authority and maintaining discipline
Skills/Ability Ability to teach GCSE and Functional Skills Maths courses
Ability to provide learning and tutorial support for students
Excellent planning, organisation, IT and administrative skills, the ability to see projects through to a successful conclusion, and a general high level of efficiency
Excellent oral and written communication skills
Ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
Personal Skills Demonstrate enthusiasm
Aptitude for hard work, the ability to take initiatives, a flexible approach and an ability to implement change
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this r