£60 - £75 per day, Benefits: Free CPD, Local Work, Competitive Pay, No Umbrella Companies
Temporary | Full Time
We are working with a well-known SEND school in the heart of Wandsworth who are seeking learning support assistants/classroom support workers from September 2020.
You will be supporting students with their academic, personal and social development. This role is demanding and challenging, but very rewarding. You will be supporting learners with Autism, moderate learning difficulties and varying levels of behaviour in a specialist learning environment. You'll be required to use a reflexive approach to learners, their learning and needs, and be able to work creatively and pro-actively. Emotional resilience and an ability to engage learners whom may have had a negative experience of education is a must, ideally you will have experience working in a similar environment.
The ideal person:
• Working in a similar environment or other experience of working with young people whom may present challenging behaviours.
• Resilience and patience, compassion and understanding.
• An ability to be proactive, creative and empathetic.
• To adhere to the school's policies and practices.
• Ideally you will be MAPA trained (not essential)
In return we offer
• Excellent daily rates payed weekly through PAYE (No Umbrella Companies!)
• Support throughout your placements
• Access to a dedicated SEN consultant
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Worker Regulations)
Please note: We undertake safeguarding checks on all our workers in accordance with the DfE statutory guidance 'Keeping Children Safe in Education'. As part of these checks, we require a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure for everyone working in schools. If you do not have a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service, we will require you to complete a new DBS application as part of the registration process, at a cost of £40.00.