£65 - 75 per day
Temporary | Full Time
Are you a graduate considering a career as a secondary school teacher in the future? Would you like to gain paid experience which will enhance your UCAS application?
If so, our client secondary school located in Oldham wish to add a number of graduates to their support team on a flexible basis.
- Full and part time Graduate teaching assistant roles available
- Gaining hands on experience, providing tuition and class cover within this 11-16 secondary school
- Opportunity to gain the necessary experience to secure a position on a PGCE whilst getting paid
With this time of year statistically being the busiest term for cover needs in secondary schools, our client school located in Oldham wish to expand their support/cover team with the addition of a number of graduate teaching assistants. The school are able to offer the ideal applicants regular work on a flexible basis or full time.
This is the perfect opportunity for those graduates considering applying to teacher training courses (PGCE, Schools direct and Teach First) to further your experience working within secondary schools.
As a graduate cover supervisor you will be required to manage pupil behaviour, present pre-set work by the school and ensure pupils stay on task in the absence of their classroom teacher. You will hold a number of responsibilities such as;
- Leading a range of classes whereby work will already be set including; Maths, English, Science, Humanities and Physical Education
- Ensuring pupils engage within lessons and participate within all activities
- Collect work at end of each class and pass information and feedback onto head of department
The school wish to meet suitable applicants as soon as possible, for immediate consideration please send a CV highlighting your previous school based experience via the link provided.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.