£65 - 90 per day
Temporary | Full Time
Are you a confident and articulate individual?
Are you looking for a new challenge in an exceptional school that can offer you career progression as a Cover Supervisor?
We are currently recruiting two Cover Supervisors for a large, oversubscribed secondary school in Accrington that offers plenty of opportunity for progression in the long term to the right candidate who wants to make a difference to these students. Have you got what it takes to help these students shine?
• *Cover Supervisor - Good school in Accrington
• *Two full time roles available – temporary 1 year contract
• *£65 - £90 per day depending on experience; 8:30am – 3:15pm, Monday to Friday
• *Assist in a range of year groups and classes (KS3, KS4 and KS5)
• *Good behaviour throughout and students who are keen to learn
• *Role starts in September 2020
• *Ideal for someone looking to gain or extend their experience in Education!
About the School - Cover Supervisor - Darwen
• This Ofsted graded ‘Good’ mixed comprehensive 11-18 school in Accrington welcomes a very diverse student population from the local community, and they very proudly help students of all starting points to achieve and exceed their expectations.
• This school is inclusive, and holds strong values of anti-bullying, community integration and respect, which brings staff, students and parents and carers together in a joint mission that all are a part of.
• High standards of teaching and learning, and the use of top quality support staff here are all part of what makes this an excellent school in which to both teach and learn.
• Recent investment in key resources means this is a school with excellent facilities, with well-equipped classrooms and highly respectful students who are keen to learn and inquisitive.
• The role includes supervising whole classes during the absence of the teacher, responding to questions, assisting pupils in undertaking set activities and maintaining order. Work is set for the class being covered. The cover supervisor must deal with any immediate problems or emergencies and manage behaviour by following the school's behaviour policy. The cover supervisor then reports back on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising.
• You will need to have strong behaviour management skills, and the personality to engage with students while ensuring work is completed in an orderly way.
• Above all this role will suit someone confident and articulate who can also act as a strong role model to students in terms of attitude, work ethic and behaviour.
• For the right candidate, this is an excellent step into teaching as teacher training may be offered after completion of a successful year.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.