PAYE (pay as you earn)
Temporary | Full Time
Protocol Education are recruiting for Behaviour Support Assistants to work in Secondary Schools across Sunderland and the surrounding areas of South Tyneside and Country Durham.
Ideal candidates will have experience working with children or managing challenging behaviour.
• Support implementation of strategies to manage behaviour
• Exercise strategies for behaviour management and report any problems to the teacher
• Report any progress of the children with Behaviour Support Plans
• Provide appropriate attention to pupils needs, modifying approach to ensure that desired outcomes are achieved
• Deal with any disruption and report to the teacher any difficulties that you are unable to overcome
The ideal person for this role will have the following:
* Experience of working with young people, professionally or personally.
* TA/Mentor/Youth Work/ Community Work background
* Experience working with challenging behaviour and/or learning difficulties.
* Knowledge of the range of different types of learning difficulties and disabilities. Experience of ASD would be a bonus.
* Be trained in Team Teach or be willing to undergo training if necessary.
At Protocol we keep safeguarding and safer recruitment at the forefront of all of our efforts. All of our roles are subject to stringent checks and procedures. To apply for this role you will need to provide documentation proving you are eligible to work in the UK. You will also need to provide or apply for an enhanced DBS certificate.
If you are interested in applying, please send your CV in the strictest confidence to firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 0191 2797270 to discuss this fantastic opportunity in more detail