£1.3k - 1.5k per month
Permanent | Full Time
Role: Behaviour Support Assistant
Start Date: September 2021 (ASAP)
Contract: Long Term
We are currently recruiting a Specialist Behaviour Assistant with a vacancy starting in September in a special secondary school in the Folkestone area; the school supports young people with a range of social, emotional and behavioural needs. The school currently caters for pupils aged 11 to 19 and a significant minority of pupils have complex needs.
If you have any of the below we would like to speak with you:
- Traditional SEN experience; working in provisions, pupil referral units, special schools and inclusion/ exclusions
- Experience working with children and young people on the autism spectrum in any setting
- Youthwork, Social Work, Community Outreach and Youth Engagement
- Sports Coaching
- 1:1 Tutoring, Mentoring and Behaviour Support
- Learning Support Assistant, Teaching Assistant, SEN Teaching Assistant
- Psychology Degree (Preferred)
- Counselling course
- ABA Tutor or similar
- BTEC Level 3 in Health & Social Care Sports Science Degree
- Coaching/Mentoring course
As a Specialist Support Assistant, you will be responsible for the enrichment of special needs children's education, tasked with enhancing the school experience of the young people at this school. This is a great opportunity in a growing establishment with excellent support to build experience working amongst young people with social emotional mental health difficulties and learning needs.
The school will be interviewing/seeing canididates for trial days over the coming weeks so a swift application is a must.
Do you feel you meet the criteria for this exciting opportunity?
If so, please either apply below ASAP.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.