£10 - 11 per hour
Temporary | Part Time
A primary school in Blackburn are looking to appoint a new and engaging After-school Club Manager for the new academic year (15:30 - 17:45, Mon-Fri).
The after-school club is designed to provide a range of creative and stimulating games and activities, set both indoors and outdoors, for the pupils that attend. A picnic tea will also be provided.
You will be required to create high quality play opportunities within a safe and caring environment and provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for the children placed in the Club, including those with special needs. Also you will be responsible for delivery of activities within the provision, leading the out of school club team and general administrative/clerical/financial duties in the Club, but not management of the Club budget.
The main responsibilities include:
- To plan, deliver and evaluate a programme of high quality play opportunities in a safe environment
- To be responsible for implementing Safeguarding and Health and Safety policies and procedures
- To liaise with parents to enable the effective operation of the Club
- To assist in the development of policies and procedures and lead the planning and preparation of a programme of activities
- To manage Club staff and volunteers, taking responsibility for recruitment, induction, allocation of work and training and supervision
- To plan and accompany children on visits, ensuring that the appropriate documentation and risk assessments are complete
- To administer basic/paediatric first aid where appropriately trained.
- To assist in the specific medical/care needs of pupils when specific training has been undertaken
- To maintain registers of attendance/absence and other child records
- To undertake routine clerical and financial administration e.g. word processing, petty cash, postage, banking
- To support the promotion of positive relationships with parents and outside agencies, including communicating effectively with parents on a regular basis
The school has emphasised that the successful candidate must be able to bring excellent ideas, be efficient and responsible and will demonstrate commitment to the role. With the role being managerial, you must hold a minimum of a Level 3 qualification in order to be considered. Manager experience is beneficial but not essential.
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.