£18k - 20k per year
Permanent | Full Time
We have an exciting prospect to employ an academic mentor who would offer small group and 1:1 tuition for students to assist them fulfil their potential within either the English or Maths & Science teams. The Academic Mentor would work along with the Curriculum Area Leaders to pinpoint students for additional support, plan and deliver an intervention programme and trace the progress of students to ensure that they make accelerated programme due to the intervention. The Academic Mentors would be based within the curriculum teams to deliver them with the resources they need and also to assist them in working in close conjunction with the classroom teachers. The Academic Mentor would also offer extra-curricular provision to a wide variety of pupils to support their commitment and learning within the curriculum area. The successful candidate will share the school's vision, ethos and beliefs.
• have subject understanding and the ability to explain the subject effectively
• be skilled in working with pupils who face educational challenges
• have the capability to evaluate interventions and track progress
• desire to help all students to achieve excellent grades
• be a good communicator, with high standards of planning and organisational skills
We can offer you:
• The chance to work in a school that places a high value on teaching and learning
• The opportunity to adapt your programme to the needs of the students and to make a real difference in the lives of young people.
• Outstanding CPD provision and opportunities for progression
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay. This advert is for a temporary position. In some cases, the option to make this role permanent may become available at a later date.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. We offer all our registered candidates FREE child protection and prevent duty training. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.