Subject Manager- Economics and Social & Cultural Anthropology
Job DescriptionSubject Manager - Economics and Social & Cultural Anthropology
Term: One year fixed-term contract
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: 30- 35,000 per annum
If you're looking to work for a global organisation with a meaningful mission, and with colleagues all over the world, then this may have the ideal opportunity for you!
Our Client is a leading global educational organisation that offers curriculum and assessment worldwide to children aged 3-19 and offer comprehensive professional development to support schools and educators.
This is a unique opportunity to use your skills and attributes in a passionate, mission-focused environment. We're seeking the best talent for the client, and would like the candidate to have not just the required expertise and technical skills but also the behavioural qualities needed to support a variety of stakeholders in the education sector.
Be expected to lead and manage all aspects of assessment provision for Economics and Social & Cultural Anthropology to ensure reliability, accuracy and fairness in assessment for these subjects. This will include arranging meetings with senior examiners to standardise marking and undertake grade awarding.
* Demonstrate leadership of a team of examiners, including senior examiners, for designated subjects.
* Manage the preparation of examination papers and other assessment materials in conjunction with the Examination Preparation team (EP)
* Implement effective standardisation processes and monitor the marking and moderation of assessment material
* Lead grade award meetings for designated subjects
* Collaborate with the Curriculum Manager over curriculum development and the development of challenging but practical assessment models
* Contribute subject specific information to various publications and instructions, as required
* Plan and manage expenses related to assessment for the designated subject(s), as appropriate
* Communicate with internal and external stakeholders any relevant information or advice on assessment related matters for the designated subjects.
* A qualification at degree level in a related field
* Relevant experience in educational assessment, teaching or research
* Excellent organisational skills
* The ability to analyse and draw conclusions from statistical information
* The ability to lead and work within a team and to foster a collaborative environment
* The ability to manage multiple projects to agreed timelines
Other Special Requirements:
* Occasional travel will be required
* Flexibility to work weekends (especially May/June, November/December).
(please note- candidates must have a background in either Economics or Social & Cultural Anthropology or business studies/management, geography, psychology, sociology, social studies or similar)
If you meet all the requirements for this position and you're seeking just that kind of opportunity, please apply!
APPLY TODAY BY SENDING YOUR CV TO email@example.com
Or Call 02920 660290
| ||Save Job||Share Job|